|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on June 7, 2011 at 3:45 PM||comments (0)|
Yayy, I'm posting a work-in-progress update and it's still Wednesday!! Woohoo! I fell behind when I was sick for a few days (I'm feeling much better, thank you!) and for the past two days I've been trying to play catch-up. I think I'm just about there finally! I don't have a lot in the way of photographic updates, but I did complete the cross-stitching on block #1 of my embroidered quilt WiP. That's one block down and 17 left to embroider, before beginning the hand quilting process! Think this quilt might take a few years to complete, LOL?
I also had Amanda from Ruby for Women, which is a social networking site for Christian women that I belong to, approach me about writing monthly updates on my Bible block quilt progress for their ezine! I jumped at the chance, you betcha!
I also managed to get Wentworth County Quiltworks.com up and running, but the site's still a little sparse! I want to add photographs, tutorials, and one day, a little Quilt Along community to it, or maybe some BOM stuff - we'll see what happens over time! I'm open to suggestions and all the help I can get!
Speaking of quilt alongs - I've also been preparing this week to participate in my first ever QAL over at Don't Call Me Betsy's! I'm really looking forward to it but that'll have to be a topic for another post! Stay tuned....
For more Wednesday Works in Progress, head over to Lee's at Freshly Pieced!
|Posted by email@example.com on June 1, 2011 at 5:05 PM||comments (0)|
Things are moving ahead with the antique Sunbonnet Sue quilts! It may not look like it when this completed 20-block quilt top:
has become this pile of 20 individual blocks cut through the sashing:
But sometimes you have to backtrack before you can move ahead! In this case, the top sashing was ripped and couldn't be fixed, and I have my reservations about the sturdiness of the sashing, period. Since there's no point quilting something that may not hold together for the long term, I decided to take this quilt top apart and redo the sashing before I quilt it. This pile of fifteen Sunbonnet blocks pressed and squared up nicely!
They originally looked like this - crooked and limp! The plan is to put them together first in a quilt-as-you-go style. Then I'll finish taking the sashing out of the other twenty and put them back together.
Also, I'm almost done block #1 of this Rose of Sharon cross-stitch, for my embroidered quilt:
Happily, it's been a productive week! For more Wednesday Works in Progress, head over to Lee's at Freshly Pieced, which is really at Don't Call Me Betsy's this week. Esther also has a WOW (WiP on Wednesday) feature here.